EverEmber Reborn is a free roam multiplayer online roleplaying adventure game in the world of Ember. The Game's Concept: To bring back the good feeling of MMORPG's of the late 90's through 2000's while keeping up to date in many systems with hardcore death and player interaction.
Developer's Update #24, The Discovery of the EveremberToday we have some really neat news to talk about! [IMG] -We've been reworking different areas in the game, such as the Thieves cavern, Trolls passage, and continuing work on Ember castle. -MrSingularity has continued to progress in the coding aspect of the game, creating smooth combat, synchronizing movement for combat and actions between players on the server, and working on the various other systems in the game such as the inventory system, AI,...
Developer's Update #23, New Member & Trolls Passage ReworkHello citizens of EverEmber, Today we have quite a few things to bring up! First off, we have a new member to welcome to the team, @evanrichard! He's a new programmer and modeler. We'll hope to show off a lot of his work soon enough! Secondly, our developer @amit has been doing a lot of mapping and reworks of things we've completed earlier. He's reworking Trolls passage which you can view his live streams on YouTube! The link to the streams are:...
Developer's Update #22, Client-Side Interpolation and the Movement SystemHello citizens of EverEmber, This is MrSingularity, bringing you the latest update on progress in the construction of EverEmber's movement system. [IMG] As the movement system's alpha state nears completion, I wanted to explain a little bit of what client-side interpolation is and how it makes the game a bit more enjoyable for everyone. Imagine you're an archer trying land a perfect shot on a moving target. Since you have a ping of somewhere between...
Developer Update #21, Network and Core FunctionalityHello citizens of EverEmber, This is MrSingularity, bringing you the latest update on progress in the construction of EverEmber's movement system. I've been at work for the past 2 weeks or so setting up a system that allows the server to accurately pick up and decipher your movement requests and send them back to you so that your client knows where you are supposed to be. Here are gifs of the testing in action: https://i.imgur.com/9l5uz3v.png...
Development Update #20, New Developer!Hey there EverEmberians! Its been two weeks since our last dev log. Its time or us to inform you as to what's been going on! We have a new team member to welcome aboard! Say hello to Mad Moss(Khris)! He's one of our new programmers! He's working along side with MrSingularity and Animagic! We'll be glad to unveil all the work done by them soon! On a side note, we have a piece of the games story to reveal and a model that we recently made! [IMG] High...
Development Update #19, Slow WeeksHey! Sorry for the lack of updates for the last two weeks. The team has had a mix of issues, some members had the flu, some had personal issues arise that prevented them from working on the project. Hopefully we will be able to provide a massive amount of updates to present to you all in the following weeks! One of our members has recently left the team, Corky. We want to thank him for his assistance and wish him luck in his work! Otherwise, we don't have too much to show off, but we do...
Development Update #18, First Public FootageToday is an exciting day! This will be the first time we'll reveal any actual in game footage to the public! We also took the time to update our about us page to offer a more insightful look at what TRULY makes our game stand out from the rest of the current MMO market and why we truly believe that you'll love the game! We created an official EverEmber Reborn YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQjGSgvvVyiXlrEJ-iwzKYw Feel free to subscribe and follow our content!...
Development Update #17, The Story of AjidarrThe Archemage turned the dragon to stone Yet underneath its coat is scale and bone Ajidarr's reign brought death and fear Not many adventurers dared to come near But one man faced up to the task With him a staff, sword and flask The dragon fought but was brought nearly to its death Now frozen in stone still breathing its breath -Song from a Bard from the Thieves Tavern [IMG] On the other hand, we have a new team member to introduce! Corky (Will)...
Development Update #16, Ember Castle... RebornTime for yet another update! Lets cut right to the chase! Graphics/Trailer Development: Our team members Mitch and Jonty are still working on the draft of the current game trailer. Last time we made a reveal of the great Ember Dragon, this time we're going to tease you. The object presented is the glove of the most feared creature in the land of EverEmber. Its power so mighty that even the dragons and trolls that roam the land bow down before its power....
Development Update #15, Big stepsHello Adventurers, Its been far overdue for a new development post, but we've got a lot to talk about! Our team has been working diligently on making three core things for the game, the actual game, the trailer, and the kick starter. Lets start off with the game's development. Recently we've spent a large chunk of time optimizing the game. All of the developers were slowed down due to the massive performance issues that we were having. We've managed to optimize the various settings and...
Today, I will be sharing a few of the new items you can find in EverEmber that you may not be aware of, and I will also be sharing some new content with you guys, and where you might find it.
Let's start off with a few items that have been released into the world.
- Storm Hammer - The storm hammer is a 2H hammer that can be seen being carried by Sandstorm Knights. Dealing massive 2H blunt damage, and also dealing an extra earth bonus damage, this massive hammer is nothing to mess around with.
- Pixie Wings - There have been a full set of pixie wings introduced into the clothing store in Darom. You can find the colors Green < Purple < Red < Blue. Grab yours today before they disappear.
- Demonic Mount - This mount was planned for release with the Dreadshadow dungeon. If you are to find both fragments hidden within the Dreadshadow dungeon, you may get this Demonic Mount from the chest sitting upon the tall mountain in Cloud City.
New Content released in game today, 1/29/17
New Zones :
- Tomb Entrance : This is the entrance that can be found by going down the hidden door in the big gravestone in the graveyard. This will bring you to an area where you will start a new quest to vanquish evil.
- Gravestone Caverns : This area is crawling with evil and zombies. This small dungeon like area is very dark and twisted, you can hear the sounds of flesh being gnawed on. Can you complete the quest to restore this once sacred tomb?
New Quests :
I have a developer log that I meant to post a while back for you guys, but with all of our behind the scenes work going on, it got a little delayed.
These are updates that are in game currently, that will require no client side downloads/updates.
New Zones :
-Icedale Peak : A mysterious portal has opened up in Blizzard's Bluff and leads to a small ice village known as Icedale Peak. Here you will find several new enemies along with a few quests to play through, and not to mention the items!
-Frozen Cavern Depths : Cold, but not too cold to stop you from swinging your sword, or drawing your bow to slay a few monsters though, that is, if you can handle what lies within these depths. You may face a Yeti, ready to grind away your flesh and pick his teeth with your bones, or an Ice Knight, waiting to chill your bones as cold as his and crush you. Perhaps a frozen King, waiting for a worthy challenge. All I know is there are a few road blocks, maybe some villagers can give you some advice, or maybe a quest or two?
-Desert Caves Floor 2 : This area had been opened before but was shut down and remodeled. Explore deep into the desert caves outside of Rasheeb, you may find yourself trapped by Sandstorm Knights, and slithering Sand Venom's. Do not fret though, there is a new tool you can find here to help you on your way, along with some smashing weapons. ( See below for new tool info. )
-Desert Guardians Lair : If you have found yourself face to face with the multiple beasts that guard these chambers, then you may be tougher than you look. Do not get a big head though, as the monsters in here are not messing around. Can you restore peace to this once beautiful cave?
New Tool :
-Climbers Hook : This is the newest...
One is the "Momentum Attack System" which works for Melee and Ranged attacks, for melee attacks the more you attack the more momentum stacks you get (up to 5) (you have to keep them up by attacking otherwise they will dissappear upon a timeout [5 segs that are updated with each attack]) when you reach the 5 stacks you have a short amount of time to press Shift (Shift was choosen because it's the nearest to Ctrl, so people will easily associate it as the "Strong Attack Button", CTRL being the "Normal Attack" [kinda like Dinasty Warriors XD]), when you successfully perform a Momentum Attack you will inflict 1.1x the damage of the normal attack, for ranged attacks (bows) they get a momentum stack everytime they launch an arrow (since they will usually miss a lot of shots on moving targets) on every fifth arrow they can launch a Momentum Attack. For Melee and Ranged pressing Shift before the time is right will reset the momentum stacks (and not attack).
The other one is the "Concentrated (Spell-)Casting System" which starts when you press Shift while casting a spell (or when you cast a spell with Shift pressed to start immediatelly), this will start a QTE (<- it's a link) where you have to press a series of arrows in the correct order (max:4), failing one means it will perform a regular spell, if you get it right when you finish casting the spell it will do 1.1x the damage/heal/vital. (you can use both Arrow keys or the WASD)
Right: Concentrated Casting
Its been ages since i've posted anything on the website, and I just want to sincerely apologize for my insanely long absence with a very minor warning. I will try to touch on everything I can in one post so I don't have to make a vlog post #1, 2, 3, etc...
- My explanation for not posting or developing in such a long time comes down to a few things. I have been extremely busy with my university studies, exams, work, and friends. Its been a long and very different semester for me. I've had very little time for myself this semester, i had a job, extremely challenging classes, living alone and doing everything alone (everyone who cooks, cleans, and maintains everything alone knows what its like). I've had endless days in university in which i wake up at 4am, finish assignments, and come home only at 8-9pm. At that point, I just don't have the energy for EverEmber, and would rather hang out with some friends, do csgo with a friend, or call up a grill. On top of all that, internship hunting, developing myself professionally, etc... On top of that, the collapse of the website a few months ago, loss of momentum and users we had really made me lose motivation.
- EverEmber has turned out to be an amazing project with an amazing team, but it wasn't what I had originally envisioned, but I still want to see it succeed! I will be returning and working on the game little at a time. I have a huge list of everything that needs to be done compiled.
- The website will be fixed-up very soon, i'll add more images to the scroll bar, and have updates posted shortly.
I want to once again thank EACH AND EVERY ONE OF OUR EVEREMBER TEAM MEMBERS! Thank you so much for staying with us, and working on the project, I can't express my gratitude enough (sorry slash, still can't pay you). I will be posting a few more announcements soon, we'll keep everyone up to date!